My Personal 2009 Year-In-Review: May-August


May brought back our nice, warm weather, cookies at the beach and the end of another year of preschool.

May also brought us our last swim in Ya-ya’s pool.  The sale of her house went through and she closed in June.

I can’t forget Mother’s Day!  We had a lovely brunch at our house that Sunday morning.


June’s sunny skies saw the first of many scoops of dirt that would be excavated for our new pool!  Work began on June 1st.

Cutie Pie and I had a date with Elmo!  So fun!

What I do for one son, I have to do for the other 🙂  Wildman and I went miniature golfing for our mother-son date.

I can’t forget Father’s Day and the boys’ Son of Superdad shirts.  We took J to his favorite wing joint for lunch.

At the end of June, J and Wildman had the honor of being in Ricardo and Karenita’s wedding.  The wedding was wonderful, the reception was a snoozefest and my mom’s drama afterward made the night supremely memorable.


Independence Day was a blast.  Pun intended.  We had a family BBQ then went out on Steph and Big Red’s boat to watch fireworks from the water.

Despite not having our own pool yet, we managed to stay cool in the pools of our friends and neighbors for most of the month.

A day trip to Disney’s Bizzard Beach also helped us beat the sweltering summer heat.  Except it was not so sweltering on the day we went, much to our chagrin…

Mimi (the one on the right) blacked out and hit her head on the ceramic tile in her kitchen at the end of July.  She was rushed to the E.R. in the middle of the night with a massive head wound and an irregular heartbeat.  We were all scared that she was not going to survive the injury.


J and I celebrated our 9th year of marriage with a weekend trip to Orlando where we spent one glorious day at Discovery Cove.  Swimming with the dolphins has now been crossed off my “Things I Want to do Before I Die” list.  Amazing!

The pool finally became swimmable in mid-August!  We were thrilled!

Mimi came home to my mother’s house at the end of August after one month of hospitalization.  She gained a pace maker while there.  Once home, her crippling headache persisted for another month.  I am happy to report that she has since made a full recovery.  Thank GOD!!!  Mimi continues to live with my mom, her sister.  She’s still working at the hospital full time but is not taking on the overtime work that she had been before the accident.  She speaks of the big D when she speaks about the future as it relates to her husband of 30 years.   For once in her 52 years, I think she’s truly happy.  Thank GOD for that too!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: